Device InformationDevice details are linked to student ID and shipping tracking numberStudents in need of remote learning can be issued a device for their educational use. If reasonable precautions and care are taken in the use of the device, the device should not experience physical damage. Each parent/guardian should review this form carefully with their child.
This agreement applies to any technology device owned by the school or the District. This includes chrome books, laptops, and any other technology equipment. All conditions of the Board policy for Acceptable Use apply regardless of where or by whom this device is used. All devices issued to students are to be used to access remote learning and other educational uses. Students are expected to follow the guidelines below and take any additional common-sense precautions to protect the device. Students are responsible for taking care of the device. The policies outlined in this document are intended to cover all available technologies, not just those specifically listed.
You take sole responsibility for the device and its use during the agreement period, including when you transport it in a personal
vehicle or use it during off-hours at your home or any other non-work location except when traveling for work-related business. By accepting the equipment listed above, I
agree to ensure that my child adheres to the conditions:
Care and Maintenance
Usage GuidelinesIn general, all students are expected to use good judgment and common sense; be safe, appropriate, careful and kind online; not attempt to get around technological protection measures; and ask an adult if they need help.
Student Acceptable Use Guidelines Students must:
Students must not:
Personal Safety and Privacy
Limitation of LiabilityERCSD will not be responsible for damage or harm to persons, files, data, or hardware. Devices employ filtering and other safety and security mechanisms, but there is no guarantee as to their effectiveness. ERCSD will not be responsible, financially or otherwise, for unauthorized transactions conducted over the school network.
ERCSD will not be providing or assuming responsibility for filtering or monitoring internet usage. Families will be responsible to monitor Internet usage and access. Please keep in mind that if you have Internet access at home and the device can access this service without any configuration changes, then you may use the device to connect to the Internet, provided that you use the device as if you were at school. Regardless of whether you are at home, a hotel, a restaurant, or anywhere with Internet access, you should not browse to sites that would be blocked at school. Do not allow family members or others to use the device for Internet browsing.
Return of DeviceThis device is being loaned for the student’s use during remote learning. This device is the property of the East Ramapo Central School District and must be returned when on-site learning resumes unless otherwise instructed by the ERCSD.
By signing this document, I agree that I have read and agree to ensure accuracy in compliance with the above.
End User Agreement
Terms & Conditions for Responsible Use
The East Ramapo Central School District has recognized there are circumstances that exist where home Internet access is not available for student use. Wherein such circumstances exist, the East Ramapo Central School District is implementing a pilot program, offering students a device that will provide Internet access for their educational use. Students and their parent and or guardian will be required to agree to the Terms & Conditions for Responsible Use as outlined herein.
Terms & Conditions for Responsible Use:
1. The device is the property of the East Ramapo Central School District and issued to students for the purpose of meeting classroom expectations and or assignments from home.
2. It is intended only for the use of the school district students to whom it is assigned and their district issued device.
3. The student is responsible, at all times, for the care, appropriate use and/or any damages incurred to the device. (Damaged devices are required to be inspected by technology staff that will assess the damage/s and possible district reimbursement. If claim is denied due to a violation of the insurance policy, the school will relay the cost of a replacement to the student and their parents/guardian.)
4. Loss or theft of the property must be reported immediately to the East Ramapo Central School District and the respective school the student attends.
5. The District employs tracking, monitoring and management software that will report all activity on the device including but not limited to login, search, browsing, and location history. The district holds and reserves the right to monitor the device at all times. There is no expectation of privacy.
6. The district will enable content filtering controls on the device. Any attempt to modify or edit the controls or management of the device by the user will immediately void this agreement.
7. The device is issued to students who have indicated they do not have home Internet access. If the circumstances change, it is the user’s parent/guardian’s responsibility to notify the District that home Internet is now available. Attaining home Internet access will require the user to return the device to the District immediately.
8. All users of mobile devices must adhere to East Ramapo Central School District policies regarding acceptable use, data protection, health and safety.
9. If the student transfers out the district, it is the student’s responsibility to return the district device to the school prior to the last day of attendance.
I have received the equipment listed above and agree to the Terms & Conditions for Responsible Use provided in this agreement and all requirements of the District’s Policies.